Sex Worker Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Author looking for inside perspective

authorx

Credits
Hi, my name is Cody, I'm a queer, AMAB author. I'm currently in the research phase of a new book that will deal heavily with SW.

The protagonist is a queer sex worker. The book will follow then from their lowest point (being cut off from their family due to being queer, and beginning to engage in survival sex work) to their eventual empowerment, when they gain control over their life through sex work.

I am not a sex worker, and I know that I don't possess the knowledge or experience neccesary to wrote a book pike this. That is why I'm here. I'm looking to engage in extended dialogue with some sex workers who can answer some questions for me and tell me about their real life experiences.

I want to be very careful so as to not cause any harm through my writing, but even more than that, I want to provide sex workers with the representation that they want and need. I want to shed my own ideas and preconceived notions about what sex work is and who engages in it. I want to destigmatize the industry and the people through my writing. I know that I can't do this on my own or without the consent and support from the SW community.

I understand that your time is valuable. I would love to offer some sort of compensation for your time, however, as I am a poor, unpublished writer, this is simply not possible.

Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions you may have about me, my background, or this book. Thankyou :)